Wednesday 23 March 2016

Bagmaking: March Bag of the Month - Polaris by Sara Lawson (Sew Sweetness)

So once, I attempted to make this:
 

I got quite far, but I thought the design was so wierd that neither I, nor anyone else, would want to use it. so I put it in a box and abandoned it.


and then Sarah Lawson brought out the Polaris as March Bag of the month, and I thought - aha - my beautiful rabbit Joli Pomme fabric with the gold piping will not go to waste after all! 


So I unpicked all the piping and the rest of the stitching and reassembled my pieces and it turned into this:






There isn't a lot else to say. Its an easy pattern. However I had a lot of issues with the piping. I probably shouldn't have recycled it. Its gone a bit wibbly wobbly. I couldn't 'feel' it when sewing as its very thin, whereas cotton piping which is 'filled' you can normally feel through your layers when you're sewing it.
I like the methods used particularly the tip about sewing your seam allowances together at the top of the bag on the inside to stop the lining sagging.
Overall a cute sew. I'm happy enough but not ecstatic. End of :)

 (from ebay)

 (from Etsy)

 (from ebay)

I have no clue where the crimson lining fabric came from!



No comments :

Post a Comment