Thursday 4 February 2016

Plus Sized Fashion: Collectif Tura Woodland Bloom blouse.

Honestly I'm not a blouse person. I'm more of a smock person. However at 7 quid I thought I'd give this pretty blouse a go. It is chiffon. For some reason I thought it would have an in built slip. It doesn't!

This is me in the Tura. I just went for the 18 as it said it was true to size. It fits ok, but is slightly tight on my (huge, but 8cm less huge than 4 weeks ago) belly. The sleeves are big enough even when fastened with the little button. The bow is a nice feature. 

I had to dig out a vest top because I really do not want my underwear on show to all, but I think I will wear this even though I don't normally display my ar*e as its so big right now.

Those jeans are Tesco F&F btw and they fit really well. I got them in the sale just after christmas and wish I'd bought more.


On the subject of weightloss, I've not had much. I joined the '8 week transformation' at my local gym, the Unit Fitness at the beginning of January. I've been attending 3 training sessions a week like a good girl, eating what they tell me (no bread or pasta <sigh>) and had my 4 week stats (check in) yesterday, at 6.45am, when some folk were just finishing a training session (what the?!)

I've only lost 4.5lb which is kind of sh*t, however I've lost inches off my waist, hips and wrists (eh?!) and a bit off my calves. My thighs are stubbornly refusing to shift anything, but I think I'm losing it just above my knees because they don't seem as porky on the photo above. I could be just imagining it, but that's ok. If I can fit into my Cath Kidston dress again I'll be happy. If I can fit into Collectif size 18 jeans (this photo was 3.5 weeks ago) I'll be ecstatic!!


3 comments :

  1. Hi there love catching up on your bag posts. But also wanted to say don't be too disheartened by the number on the scale - weight can flucatate wildy depending on hormones, how much sodium, carbs you had or even how much water you've been drinking. Often the tape measure is a much better measure of how your training / eating is doing and that sounds as if that's moving in the right direction. So really don't be discouraged. Also you can't really spot reduce areas (if you could I'd so be saying goodbye to my belly) but you can do exercises to really target muscles, which might make those bits appear differently as you are reducing mass overall. You might want to try adding stuff like squats, lunges and banded crab walks to really hit the thigh and flute area. Hope that didn't come across as too preachy just meant as encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there love catching up on your bag posts. But also wanted to say don't be too disheartened by the number on the scale - weight can flucatate wildy depending on hormones, how much sodium, carbs you had or even how much water you've been drinking. Often the tape measure is a much better measure of how your training / eating is doing and that sounds as if that's moving in the right direction. So really don't be discouraged. Also you can't really spot reduce areas (if you could I'd so be saying goodbye to my belly) but you can do exercises to really target muscles, which might make those bits appear differently as you are reducing mass overall. You might want to try adding stuff like squats, lunges and banded crab walks to really hit the thigh and flute area. Hope that didn't come across as too preachy just meant as encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going! You are doing great and have inspired me to a weight loss program too. for me there's nothing like having to retrace a dress pattern in the next size up to highlight how much weight i have gained! Cassandra

    ReplyDelete