Tuesday 13 October 2015

The Handmade Fair, Hair, and a clearout

I wasn't going to go to the Handmade Fair - its not that close to me and I don't like missing out on weekends with my boys. However. I won a pair of tickets from the Fabric Fox (as well as a fat quarter) and then I won another pair from a competition on the Handmade Fair website. So I had to go really didn't I?

Turns out I had an extra bit of holiday I could use, so I took the Friday off work. I dropped the kids off at out of school club, and headed to Englefield Green to pick up my lovely friend Tanja, who I haven't seen for a fair few months. After getting a look at her house building site, we hopped back in the car and made for Hampton Court.
Its proper posh round there. Really lovely. It did of course p*ss down the second we left the car, and did so at various points during the day. Luckily when it wasn't raining, the sun was out :)



First stop (after the coffee stand), the loos LOL. Very nice. Bit cramped!


Not a great photo. Sorry.


Inside one of the big shopping tents. There were two. We took a while getting around them!


The Art Deco airstream bar. Prosecco. On tap!!



Couldn't leave Hampton Court without a quick regal wave


wot I bought...



I got the last of these. Heh Heh. These were from Mauds Fabric Finds. I knew I'd seen them before, but I didn't realise it was this shop until I looked in the bag later. 


This is what I won from the Fabric Fox


Pretties from the Eternal Maker (I dragged Tanja round every single fabric stall to try and find a contrast fabric for the bag I'm making)







See how restrained I was? That last fabric I bought three metres to make a dress. The rest is for bags.

I got to meet the owners of lots of shops that I've only ever bought from online, including Tilly from Tilly and the Buttons. I spent AGES at the Eternal Maker.

Actually, before I went to the Fair, I had a haircut:



On the family side of things, we paid a visit to Wimpole Hall as we're NT members. It was 40s weekend. This puppet show is incredibly un-PC and awesome



I also cleared out the spare room. Below:

as it was originally ...then after the clearout...



... then after the ikea treatment. Its still not quite finished, but the boys love their new office!




No comments :

Post a Comment