Wednesday 3 June 2015

Crafting - making a cushion cover Family Tree (ish)

I just wanted to show you this. I made a cushion!
(I know - that's one of the least thrilling statements of the year) 

A good friend of mine is going through the adoption process and welcomed their new daughter into their home a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to make something special to celebrate this. So I thought I'd make a simple family tree cushion.

Then I saw this Amy Butler Lark fabric upstairs and figured I'd go family-tree ish, but incorporate the flowers instead.

So this is the back:


This is the front. Obviously I cut out some of the flowers and leaves. 
Then I appliqued them on using very very close zig zag. 

I used the linen from the background to machine embroider their names (youngests name is hidden as they cannot disclose it legally), and I then added midnight blue piping (no you can't really see it in this photo) to finish before sewing it all up. It does have a zip.


I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. I think she is too, although its always a gamble gifting something handmade. 

Next up, more bags (sneaky peak of current commission below)



No comments :

Post a Comment