Thursday 7 August 2014

Betty Bowler complete!


A post dedicated to one topic only this week: my Betty Bowler (Swoon Patterns), which I have named 'Love Leopard'

I really love most of the Swoon Patterns. Theres just something about the shape which is aesthetically pleasing to me. Maybe its the proportions. I dunno. I just like them  :)

I knew I wanted a bowling bag, so this was the pattern I chose. Instead of stripes down the front, I decided to have a little heart detail instead. Then I went one further and decided it would be a kind of patch pocket (and then I decided I had to have one on the back too) 


The pockets are big enough to fit a phone or a travel card wallet. 
There's also a zipped pocket on the front, which is where I'd stash my keys.


Overall this came together well, although I won't say it wasn't hard work - it was. The bit I hate about making stuff is cutting out fabric. I just really don't enjoy that. Its so tedious. And it needs ironing. And. Yeugh!


But I think it was all worth it. Piping is my favourite trim and of course its used in this pattern.


I also added a little zipper pull as its so tiny (the zip that is) You can't really tell from the pic - I just used a mini lobster clasp then added some charms. Ideally it would have been silver to match the other hardware, but I didn't have any. TBH I wish I'd used bronze hardware, but its way too late now!


I'm so thrilled I got to the end of this. The hardest part was trying to sew the external parts together as the layers were quite thick. My trusty machine handled it though!


No comments :

Post a Comment