Friday 18 July 2014

Finally a bag is made - the Galloping Horses Tote

Bit of a change from the norm this one as a friend requested it.

This shopping bag is lightweight cotton canvas fabric - Clarke and Clarke galloping horses, Cath Kidston duck egg polka, and a duck egg stripe lining  - and I used a pattern which was Kwik Sew 0118 - a craft bag but suitable as a shopping tote.


I added two inner pockets as well as the 6 outer ones. Fairly quick to sew up but slightly tricky on the corners.

This would actually make a really good beach bag if you used some cotton laminate. Its not too labour intensive - and great for stashing bottles of sun lotion, drinks, flipflops etc. I did buy three lots of laminates the other week, but I really don't think I'll have time to get one done before our hols!




My friend seems very pleased thank goodness - its taken me a long time to start on this one as I just couldn't find the right pattern.



1 comment :